Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Books of Elliot

"Elliot glanced up in pain. Now he heard the bells coming nearer, somewhere in the ghastly horizon barely shown by the fog. His wings were finally free, but still hurting. Everyone aboard still dead.. he checked. Nothing new since he had fallen asleep in fatique. Should have listened to Basil."

Since 2005 Nrj Fashion awards, I have been writing a fantasy book in finnish, by workname "The books of Elliot". In a nutshell, the book is about angels upon earth, with the true freedom of choice, when human has it only inside certain boundaries: but the question is which ones are truly free, pure, and safe, when the world is getting closer to it's final day and only the angels happen to know all this. "The end is easy for a human -he needs only to die." -Elliot

The work continues slowly (due to my work on other parts of career), but it is growing page by page. Some day, hopefully within 5, or at least 10 years, I plan to publish it. First in finnish, later in english. Forgive me if the upper quote from the book contains mild or bigger mistakes, I'll leave the final translating to professionals. It is a huge dream to catch, but I would not be the first one in Finland to be able to do that! Others have managed, I might too. Time will show.

After the success of Elliot on Nrj -and the Ropecon 2006, where the role-playing audience gave it's great acceptance to him, my hopes got up that he might have a bigger space open in the people's hearts, if I just keep pushing him forward. Some day. I don't want him to be forgotten, not by me, nor by others.

Right now a new costume is coming up into the collection. Partly for schoolwork, partly for my own need. It was time to remember the fabrics, the form, the spirit of the collection. Maybe through this new outfit some new will come up to the book too, we will see! I'll put pictures up later!

1 comment:

Prancing Pixie Studio said...

Just your little snip has left me hooked...Love it! Do parts of your story come to you in dreams?? It does for me. I have been working on ideas for a book of what goes on between both sides of the veil, including angels and faeries. I am NOT very strick with myself about it though because my life is so full of my teenagers right now. I hate it when I wake with a wonderful idea and loose it from my mind before I get it written down! I know you will be successful with your "Elliot".
Blessings~LillySue